PAKISTAN HOSIERY MANUFACTURERS & EXPORTERS ASSOCIATION
PHMA House, 37-H, Block-6, P.E.C.H.S, Karachi. Tel: 0092-21-34522769, 34522685, 34544765
Fax: 0092-21-34543774, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To: All Members of the Association (Southern Zone & Northern Zone)
Sub: FIRE PREVENTION GUIDELINES DURING THE DRY SEASON
Pakistan Hosiery Manufacturers & Exporters Association, in view of limited resources and unavailability of latest modern equipment’s to handle emergency situations and fire incidents at the level of Fire Brigade Departments / Local Governments in various cities, advises all its valued members to adopt, amongst others, the following Fire Prevention Tips in their factories especially during the current dry season
1. The factory waste (cotton, leftover, garbage, trash, rubbish) must be properly disposed of on a regular basis to prevent fire.
2. Keep your factory’s premises clean because clutter contributes to fires
3. Check electrical hazards. Many fires start in faulty wiring.
4. Use and store chemicals safely to prevent flammability and other fire hazards. Provide adequate ventilation when using and storing these substances.
5. Prevent arson fires and don’t leave combustible rubbish where it can be set afire outside the building.
6. Smoke only in designated areas, and extinguish smoking materials safely. Never smoke in storerooms or chemical storage areas.
7. Learn how to properly use fire extinguisher.
In any Fire Emergency, call at 16.
Thanks & Best Regards,